The Longwood Foundation is a private foundation supporting charitable organizations and provides funding to community projects. The Longwood Foundation granted $250,000 for operation of Grow Delaware Fund. To learn more about the Longwood Foundation, click here.
Discover Bank provided $500,000 into Grow Delaware Fund to assist small businesses access capital. To learn more about Discover Bank, click here.
Division of Small Business, Development and Tourism
The State of Delaware, Division of Small Business, Development and Tourism provided $500,000 the Grow Delaware Fund to help small businesses with financing needs. To learn more about programs and services through Delaware Division of Small Business, Development and Tourism, click here.
Wells Fargo Regional Foundation
Wells Fargo Regional Foundations provides grants to support long-term, resident-driven neighborhood revitalization. Wells Fargo Regional Foundation granted $100,000 into Grow Delaware Fund. To learn more about Wells Fargo Regional Foundation, click here.
City of Wilmington
Grow Delaware Fund partners with The City of Wilmington to reach out to small businesses in the city that need financing for their businesses. To learn more about the city programs, click here.
National Development Council
Grow Delaware Fund partners with with National Development Council (NDC) to underwrite the loans for Grow Delaware Fund. NDC’s work focuses on HOMES, JOBS and COMMUNITY. Founded as a national nonprofit in 1969, NDC has worked for almost 50 years fulfilling its mission to increase the flow of capital for investment in low-income communities. NDC directs capital to support the development and preservation of affordable housing, the creation of jobs through training and small business lending and the advancement of livable communities through investment in social infrastructure.
NDC acts as partner, teacher, advisor, investor, developer and lender, bringing together technical know-how and capital for community and economic investment. We work with local and state governments and community-based organizations to help them create and implement their own unique economic and community development strategies. Over the years, NDC programs and services have evolved to reflect the changing policy environment, adding services and products to meet emerging needs. NDC provides technical assistance, professional training, small-business lending, debt and equity financing for residential, commercial, public, and nonprofit facilities. NDC’s nationally-recognized training programs help build a professional workforce in economic and community development that can advance and sustain progress in their communities.
In nearly five decades, NDC has helped improve the lives of millions of people through new economic opportunity and community improvement, in every one of the 50 states and Puerto Rico. To learn more, click here.
West End Neighborhood House
Grow Delaware Fund is a program of West End Neighborhood House. Located in the city of Wilmington’s historic ‘Little Italy’ district, West End Neighborhood House has been improving the lives of an ethnically, economically and culturally diverse community since 1883. In 2018, the agency served over 10,000 individuals. By meeting our customers’ comprehensive needs and encouraging ultimate self-sufficiency, West End provides assistance through outcomes-driven programming, utilizing innovative solutions to resolve complex social challenges throughout Delaware. West End is a registered 501c3 organization, whose mission is to help individuals achieve self-sufficiency, reach and maintain their maximum potential, and live responsibly and harmoniously in a healthy community and complex world.
West End Programs include:
- Housing: Security Deposit Loans & Grants, Housing Relocation Assistance, Pre-Housing Counseling, Affordable Rental Housing, Housing for Foster Care Youth, Affordable Home Ownership Opportunities
- Employment: Environmental & Agricultural Job Training, Entrepreneurship Training & Support, Job Search Placement & Retention Assistance, Occupational Skills and Training Certification
- Education: Prevention Programming, Technology Instruction, GED© Preparation Classes and Testing, Individual and Small Group Tutoring, Scholarship & Financial Aid Application Assistance
- Youth: Daily Physical Fitness Activities, After School and Summer Camp Programming, Nationally Ranked “Above Xpectations’ track team, Organized Sports and Recreation, Counseling and Peer Support
- Community Development: Small Business Development: Small Business Loan Fund (Grow Delaware Fund), Small Business Entrepreneur Incubator (Launcher), Community Organizing, Volunteer Opportunities, Parks and Green Space Revitalization
- Financial Empowerment: Low Interest, credit-builder loans, Credit report review / evaluation, Tax Preparation Assistance, Financial Coaching / Budgeting, Emergency Food, Rent, & Utility Assistance.
- To learn more, click here.